How you can be apart of an Evangelism Team
October 11, 2010
Many think of Evangelizing is solely going out on a street corner and passing out tracts. However, there are different aspects of being apart of Evangelism.
Here is a list I have complied on my own or by some of the books I have read on Evangelism(not an exhaustive list but a framework):
1. Father/Jesus/Holy Spirit(GOD): Without God, Evangelism does not occur.
2. Evangelizer: The actual person that meets a person(s) or leave gospel material available to people.
3. Prayer Team: Those with a holy passion to pray for any or all aspects of Evangelism. These individuals are like the pre-strike airplanes in war that alert the civilians in the targeted area to flee the coming attacks. These prayers go before, during, and after the Evangelism. Realizing God is the Master Conductor, prayer is realizing our need for God to be involved in every aspect of life.
4. Encourager: This person is the Cheerleader for the Evangelizer. We all need Barnabas in our life. The Evangelizer needs to be continually uplifted in spirits. Encourager puts a smile and spring in the step of the Evangelizer.
5. Tract Supplier: Title says it. The Evangelizer uses tracts to communicate to people. Tracts have been around since the printing press started printing Bibles. They are a like the bullets to Barney Fife’s gun. Although, the Evangelizer needs more than one tract(unlike Barney) in his arsenal. There are different kinds of tracts to give to people. Just ask the Evangelizer his preference in tracts. Warning not all tracts have the Gospel and all are not Christian tracts. Hence, communicating with the Evangelizer is necessary. Don’t want the Christian Evangelizer giving a tract that is not biblical or may direct the reader to a cult.(i.e. Mormons, J.W., etc.)
6. Accountability Partners/Board members: These are usually the same gender of the Evangelizer. Evangelizer reports back on occurrences in the field. Any dangers they encounter.(physical harm, sexual temptations, verbal confrontations, law enforcement encounters, etc). Help keep the Evangelizer humble, honest, and above reproach.
7. Lawyer: Assists on legal issues, local laws, legal entanglements with groups/individuals/law enforcement/city code officers/etc.
8. Pastors: When the Evangelizer goes out to Evangelize, he not only represents the Lord, but to his home church. The Evangelizer needs to realize the biblical authority of the Pastor to the Evangelizer. If a person on the field becomes a Christian believer, then the need for the new baby in the Lord needs spiritual nourishment from a body of Christian believers. If they do not have a church home and are in the same area as the Evangelizer, the Evangelizer needs to invite the person to his/her church. If they are not from the area, try to keep in contact with the person to help them find a Biblically based Church. (Pray the Lord lead them to a church if further contact will be unable to occur.)
This is a very basic list. The Evangelism Team list helps form a framework for the Body of Christ to operate in a biblical function. Everyone can participate in Evangelism through many aspects. I pray this is a help to the Church body.